Ruth Picture (recreated)

Here is the picture of my recreation of
Ruth from the Old Testament. 

I had found one somewhat like this on the internet and wanted a bigger picture of it, I tried to locate the owner of the picture to get permission but couldn't find a way to contact them. So I decided why not just recreate it ourselves. So after posting for help on facebook and some ideas from friends. And then a lot of looking for the right dry field, props, whatever this is what I came up with. 


I have to say, Camp Ruth was amazing (like always) where else can you go with 68 Youth ages 16-18year old. memorize scriptures & songs. Study, talk, and bear testimony of the Gospel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

It is an experience one should never pass up, We left our little Valley and went up to a beautiful Cabin in Utah, where we could leave all the interruptions of the outside world. And just take the time to study and ponder whats important to each one of us hear on earth and where we are on the path to return to our Heavenly Father through the plan of Salvation. It's makes one try to put things into perspective on the direction we may be traveling in this world.

I have meet some of the most wonderful girls that one can meet, each one has a quality about themselves that makes them unique from one another but yet have the same goal in life. Some know who they are and what they want, Others still trying to figure it out. I love watching through the eyes of the girls of when the light turns on, Hey, I get it! and this is what I want. There is nothing else like it.

Throughout my life as a mother, I have seen this light in my own children's eyes, and I have also seen the light go out. Nothing hurts more than to see the light turn off and watch them wonder around trying to find what true happiness is. It breaks my heart. I can only pray and wait patiently (working on it) for them to realize what brings true happiness and that light to come back into there eyes. 

I  love them very much even though right now, at this very moment in their lives it's not as important to them as it is for me. I am very blessed to be called, Wife, Mother and Grannie! and I can only pray that I can have the light and be the example I need to be for them, that I may become a stronger Daughter of God today than I was yesterday. It is a constant work to be done, and I need to remember 
and not to take it for granted, which I tend to do for too often.


I earned my BIG R


WOW, I don't know the last time I was challenged to try to memorize things. It is a difficult challenge for me. I have always struggled when it comes to memorizing, test, school, anything in that nature, unless you can do something with your hands, the mind not so well, But with the help from my sister Angela, who I must had drove crazy trying to pass things off, she helped me get it. Even though I struggled for 3 day to memorize, it is now stuck in my head after returning home. I wake up with that scripture in my head and my head says it perfectly, (but maybe not out-loud) But any way I got it and I'm happy I got it.

3 comments:

  1. I heard you did an amazing video of Camp Ruth. I loved going last year and missed it very much this year. Such a great opportunity for these YW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Mom! You really are amazing and I'm so proud of you! I love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture Kim. I would like to see your video post it.

    ReplyDelete