Bottle Chicken




Bottling Chicken... lot of work in the beginning, but worth it in the end. I got all my jars washed and everything set up waiting for the truck to arrive. The truck usually is here around 1:00, but no phone call. The truck didn't get in until 8:00 pm. It has never been that late, I almost decided it wasn't going to come in.


So once I got the call, went and picked things up, delivered a few orders we got home and got to work. If you can believe it, I even had Hunter and Duane helping.  Hunter lasted almost an hour, then suddenly he had to get his shower in cause he had to get to bed for school today. I need to have him work more often at bed time, he gets there a lot faster.


We got 100 lbs of chicken cleaned and put into jars by 10:00 and a batch started cooking and rest carried over to MaKayla's to set in the fridge for the night. Her fridge is always empty, which worked out great for us. As soon as that batch was finished, we just turned it off and went to bed, which was 11:30 pm. I'm so thankful Duane helped me out, I would have never gotten all that done last night with out his help.  He even got up early, went to work, got Hunter off to school, emptied the pressure cookers and I got to sleep in until 9:00.  

Now today I'm watching Chicken cook. While watching I got my pantry cleaned. (needed really bad) now everything is organized and it looks like we have no food in the house. I give it two days before it's completely messed up again.


If anyone has any wonderful recipes for the chicken send them to me, or post them in comments, I have some, but wouldn't mind trying new ones. 


Email: kimberly.l.thurston@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment