Pinewood Derby Results

Thursday, March 10, 2011

We had our Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, I have to say, my car did better this year than it ever has before... but with that said, my car was over weight.

With all the extra wood I added to make the design was a little on the heavy side, but it didn't fall apart in the races. 

There were 20 cars that entered the race day. 6 of them were from the cubs themselves, the rest from leaders and family members. My car finished in 15th place out of 20 cars overall, I'm moving up in the world of Pinewood Derby's!!!

Hunter did really well with his car he was 3rd overall. 

The night was fun and all the cubs seemed to enjoy themselves. It's always fun when the whole family gets together to support their sons. 

I think the boys have the most fun is when the derby is actually over and they run their own cars down the track over and over. I ended up giving my car to one of the younger brothers of one of my cub scouts. His two older brothers had a car and he wanted one too. So I had Hunter go get mine out of the car and give it to him. He was so excited, Hunter couldn't believe I did it, he was a little sad, I guess I'll have to make another one for him.

I do have to say it was a lot of fun to build and work on the car with Hunter. I like it when he does something creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment