A Lazy Day

Friday, March 11, 2011

Wednesday afternoon I went to a Photography Workshop in Las Vegas with my Friend Jennifer that was held at UNLV. We both have really nice camera's and thought it would be good to learn a little more about how to use them correctly. It was a 4 hour workshop on how to "Capture True Emotion". basically how to use your camera in manual mode.

I have been trying to go manually  for a while now, but was confused with a few things.  (not a very fast learner at times) I have to do things hands on, over and over and then I might learn it.

The class was really good. It confirmed things I already knew, Confused me on others, which they personally took time to help me with, the class taught me things I didn't even realize I could do with my camera.

So Friday was the first time that I had to just be lazy and go over what I learned, and so I got my camera, books, computer, warm blanket, and anything else I thought I might need and cuddled up on my couch and read my camera manual for the 100th time. The difference this time, I understood it a lot more.

I practiced all the different settings, confessed my self a little more, figure it out and start all over again. I couldn't get my batteries to charge fast enough for me, which made me realize one of my batteries die after only 15 minutes of use. Guess I need to order a new back up.

I only hope I can remember what I can do with each option, so that I can take pictures without having to stop and read and try different setting every time I try to do them.

One of my problems is... I try to learn to much at once. I need to learn to just take one concept and focus on that and nothing else until I can do it without thinking. So far I haven't been able to train my self to think that way, but I'll have to work on that if I ever want to do this without feeling confused when I try to take pictures for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment