Scouting is Fun

Thursday - March 24, 2011 
Cub Scouts - this is my new church calling and I'm loving it. Who said teaching 8 year old boy's to hammer nails wouldn't be fun. I have 4 boys in my den, I do the Wolf and Bear pack and Hunter is my helper.  


We've been starting our our weekly den meeting with a fun game of floor hockey, I have to say we are improving. The first week we played, We ran around for 20 minutes before anyone scored. Once someone scored we could finally start scouts, and we only had one boy get hurt and I only fell to the floor once. (poor boy I tripped over) of course he was more worried about me, I was the one laying on my back. 


Yesterday was better, I never fell, no one got hurt and we had a score of 4-1.

We decided that we were going to have a class B uniform. My boy's all voted on a color for the shirt and what we wanted on them. We got almost exactly what we wanted except for the really big 596 on the back of the shirt like a football player, It wasn't cost effectively, since I couldn't make that part myself. 

We were able to get our t-shirts at the local store for 2.97 ea. and some dark transparent transfer paper. Put that altogether and what do you got a whole bunch of scout shirts. We had the boys just put them on over their shirts they were already wearing. Don't you Love the pj's they wearing.. it's reading week and school and it happened to be pj day.

No comments:

Post a Comment