Guilt and Fun

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Got a really early start today, Duane and I are planning a trip to take  in the next couple of months. The airline tickets are finalized and finishing up on accommodations. Woke up feeling guilty that we weren't taking the kids with us.

It's really hard to do trips sometimes with out your kids, even though you enjoy the ones with just your spouse and most likely need them, but when your planning them and you plan activities that you know one of your children would really enjoy, it's hard not to feel guilty that your not taking them.

So Duane and I got up to search the internet to see if there was any way in the world we would take them along. Again then you have to say to yourself... WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!! sometimes the biggest reason you take trip together without the kids is because you need a break away from the kids. I want to know, why doesn't that thought stop the guilt?

We ended up deciding to  leave for Cedar City for the day and go play with the grand-kids. Hunter didn't want to get up so we left him and went to play.

Played with Andi, put down for nap, took Alex to Lunch... (NASTY) won't go there again. Went and visited Kelli to see their new little one, and ended up at the SUU Gymnastics meet with, Jessica and the girls, Alex and Kelli and her two small ones. It was a lot fun.


Andi was clapping from the moment we walked in the door to the gym. Not sure what the facial expression Andi is making is for. I thought I was really funny and had to take a picture. And Alex was her favorite buddy through out the whole thing.  They are both entertaining.


I also thought this would be a good time to practice a few of the things I learned about my camera. Even though you would have no idea of the differences between these and some of the other I have taken, The difference would be, I meant it this time (not accident) and I set the controls, not in automatic mode.


After the meet was over the kids went down on the floor to play, Andi had to try some of the equipment and didn't want to leave. She will sleep good tonight.


After the meet we all went out to eat at Pizza Hunt.. Somehow, I was lucky enough to win $20.00 worth of pizza at the meet. It was good Pizza!!

No comments:

Post a Comment